~ As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

School and a Peek into My Thoughts

 It seems so weird to post here.  I am sure I will get used to it, but for now it's throwing me off a bit.  I am not big on change and love things I am able to do without thinking about it ;)  
 Our new school schedule is an answer to prayer.  I feel like we are getting more done in less time, weird how that works.  It is amazing that when we disciplined our time it paid off.   
  Kiley is reading better and better each day.  I was originally a bit stressed about her learning to read.  I kept telling myself that I had taught 3 other kids how and this would be no different.  I really think that when we offer kids a learning environment that is interesting, fun, and encouraging they are natural learners.  There are of course those kids and subjects that require me to pray and ask the Lord how we are going to get through it :P   
    I am sometimes not sure who is learning more.  I may know how to do 2nd grade Math no problem, but it's the journey and juggling of my life that is teaching me so much.  I am becoming more aware of my inability to do it all, it's really not humanly possible and I am learning to be ok with that. I was recently with a friend and she mentioned the word "expectations".  It really hit me.  Who's expectations was I trying to achieve??  I am by God's grace and His help a recovering perfectionist. That said, my expectations were becoming my own and not God's.  And my joy was being stolen.  I have not arrived in this area, but when I am listening I can here the Holy Spirit speak to my heart and say, that I am once again setting the expectations and not asking Him to.
  And finally...Brayden is growing by leaps and bounds he is soon going to be 4months.  His smiles and small giggles are so wonderful.  I love the way each new stage is so exciting and keep us attentive to what he will do next.  I am truly blessed.
  And no post would be complete without a picture or two...



:>Michelle

3 comments:

Aimee said...

You'll love blogger - I do! :)

Anonymous said...

I still post on both HSB & here. I hope you like you new blogging area. It's a very pretty layout. :)

JoAnn

Anonymous said...

Your new page looks great! And your kids are gorgeous! I've been thinking about a change too. :) You might have just convinced me!

~Mama Adams
hsb/theadamsfamilyfaith