~ As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

This and That

     As we come to the end of another school year I am smiling.  I get so much satisfaction out of seeing all the work we have done. I also smile know that on those days when I thought we would never survive, we did.  Having a new baby this year was also a challenging and fun adjustment.   The kids have grown so much this year.  Carter started out a bit rough, but soon learned how to join in or find something to do.  I keep many "school" toys on a shelf and he and Kiley can play with them during school hours.  That not only keeps the toy new and fun, but I am also able to keep track of the pieces.  
 
  One of the more popular questions I get with Homeschooling is, "How do you do it with so many kids?".   Besides the fact that the kids need to learn to wait and try and figure things out on their own. We are also able to come up with creative ways to free up my time.  On this day Brayden was fussing while I was trying to read with Kiley.  When he stopped and I got a chance to check on him, this is what I found.
   We have also been known to bring him into the room with us in here.
   I am also a huge fan of garage sales!!  This is how we found much of what we need throughout the year. In fact that cute basket Brayden is sitting in we just picked up for $1.   I also found a new wagon.  I know sooner prayed about it and I was able to find a good one for a great deal, only $8.  I highly recommend praying before going out to garage sale.  I often pray for what we need and I almost always find it.  
  Here are the kids enjoying our new wagon.
   And finally Brayden has been having more jar food now that he is 7 months.  I can't believe how fast 7 months have gone by.  He is getting better, but is still not very good.   As you can see by the picture he has also learned how to swing at the spoon when finished.

  I almost forgot.  The boys finally got their legos back from being grounded for over a month and have been busy making cool things.  Here is the church they built.
    The front with a steeple.

   They added some cool little details.  They plan to bring it to church where they can show God's talent and will be writing out the Bible verse. Psalm 127:1  Unless the Lord builds the house, it's builders labor in vain.

:> Michelle

2 comments:

Duckygirl said...

What cute pictures! I love how Brayden just fits right in :O)

~Laura

michelle said...

I just love all of the pictures of your kids! Braden is getting SO big! :-o

The Lego church is very neat, too. Joseph has really been into his Legos again lately.

The church reminded me of a website that I have bookmarked. Your kids might be interested ;-)

http://www.amyhughes.org/lego/church/photosfirst.html