~ As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thankfulness & More...

  As we approach the holiday season I am experiencing mixed feelings. I want it to be special not stressful.  We are currently doing our unit study on Thanksgiving and the many directions it can take us.  I love that Thanksgiving precedes the season that screams discontentment and give me on the tv and in all the ads.   We take this month to really focus on how very blessed we are and the history of the holiday.  We talk about what we are thankful for and how that can be expressed to Jesus and others.  We are also learning scriptures that talk about being thankful and how God cares for us.  We are also praying we live out lives that reflect our thankfulness.  

   Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; For His loving kindness is   everlasting! Psalm 106:1

   I am hoping our week of 70+ degree weather will make our winter feel shorter.  I love warm sunny days and not having to get us all bundled up to go out the door.  Although my seasonal clock seems to be completely thrown off.  Not to mention the time change.  I keep thinking it's September.  I don't mind the getting dark early completely.  It's way easier to put your kids to bed when it's dark then when it's bright and sunny ;P  
  
   I am also back to doing Ebay for the Christmas season. I am really hoping I can get all my stuff up.  I haven't had time or any desire to list much over the last year.  I am hoping to sell lots in order to get rid of things we don't need and also to make some money for Christmas shopping. I can't wait to see what Black Friday offers.  I refuse to look at the ads online.  I feel like I am peeking at my presents early if I do.  I love the excitement of getting the paper on Thursday morning.  I usually finish most of my shopping on black Friday.  I did however shop a little online already.  I have a little 4yr old who LOVES Chuggington and it's only at Toys R Us. I am already so excited to see his face when he opens his present and sees Wilson, Brewster and his other train friends looking right back at him. 
  We will also do a Christmas lapbook, as not to lose our focus on the greatest gift ever given.  
  
:>Michelle


   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing! This is by far my favorite time of year! Focusing on what we have to be thankful for and how we can share that with others! We have been given the greatest gift of all and that is life with our Lord, Creator, Healer, Redeemer, Giver of all that is good! G-d Bless and keep you! Colleen

Duckygirl said...

You make lapbooks sound like so much fun!

I love your header picture!!! I usually read thru goole reader so if it's been there awhile, sorry I didn't notice sooner. :)

-Laura

EEEEMommy said...

Is that a FAMILY picture at the top of your blog?!?! :D
I am so thrilled for you! It looks BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the pictures of the kids on your side-bar too!! YAY!! :)

I've been focusing on thankfulness and gratitude myself this month, but reading your post made me realize that I have not been emphasizing it enough with the kids!! I need to come up with something in the next...week and a half before Thanksgiving!! And then Advent will be upon us! Wow!