~ As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Birthday and My Boys...

   I am still loving Summer, even if you could fry an egg on the sidewalk or on my black hair that heats up instantly out there. I just smile so much more when there is sunshine. I even feel more motivated to take on projects.
  While I am enjoying our Summer break, I am also planning our Fall schedule. I get giddy buying school supplies. There is something about breaking open a new box of crayons and sharpening new pencils that will write in a new spiral notebook.  I also love getting our new books in the mail.  And the joy goes on.  In the meantime I will let the kids swim at 8:30 am, we will hangout and do nothing and watch movies, play games, and stay up late. They are also VBS junkies and love going to all the local programs.  I enjoy the couple hours to run errands and do work on some projects etc...
  In other news,  my firstborn baby had a birthday this week.  Bailey is now 11 years old. I am so proud of the little lady she is becoming.  While I often wish I could rewind and make her a tiny newborn, an adorable toddler, and a toothless 6 yr old, I am honestly loving each of our new seasons.  I am developing a different relationship as we laugh and talk and I love that too. Bailey is an amazing girl who loves Jesus and her family like crazy. And I am so blessed.  


 She had a sleepover with a few friends.  The Lord has blessed her with some great girls.  It was so cute to hear them giggling, talking, giggling, painting nails, giggling, playing american idol, giggling, etc...  

The boys are back on a k'nex kick, partially because I took their legos out of their room for a while. They make the coolest things.  They have been making cars to race, crash, and to judge their coolness.  I am not sure where Cameron was, but here is Collin and Carter with their cars.
Collin

Carter


I think Cameron was still working on his car.  


:>Michelle
  

1 comment:

michelle said...

Awesome pictures - and a happy belated birthday to Bailey!

I should pack away our Legos for awhile. We have so many other great construction toys (knex, lincoln logs, tinker toys - even erector sets) that just sit because Joe is so lego obsessed.