We took our first trip this past week. I made list after list of what we needed to bring and menus of what we would eat each day the weeks before. We are totally rookies at this and were hoping all those things you forget you use each day were included in the bags and containers of stuff. We only forgot a few things, the grape jelly, extension cords, and one kids forgot his entire backpack of clothes. Thankfully his brother brought a few extra shirts and boys don't care if they wear the same grimy jeans for 3 days eeeww ;)
We left early early on Sunday morning. We headed out to Ohio first. There is a huge flea market out there and we wanted to check it out. We were also hoping to find some Steelers stuff too. We actually camped in Versailles, In. The weather was beautiful!! We spent most of our time at the campground where the kids built fires, rode scooters, went for walks, and played catch.
The campground was near empty and so the kids could ride all over and could still be seen.
Cameron is really good at making eggs :>
Brayden loved when the big kids took him for walks.
We also went to the Creation Museum. We had been there 4+ years earlier and wanted to see what had been added. It is an amazing place. It is not only honors God, but also has great information,Biblical and scientific in one. The kids also got to take a camel ride. The ride was very short :( , but the kids thought it was really neat.
Cameron and Collin
Bailey and Kiley in the museum garden.
At our campground.
Kiley and Carter ready for their ride.
I am glad we were able to get away as a family. It will take a few more camping trips to really know what we are doing. As rookie campers, I would say we get a B+ ;)
~Michelle
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a fabulous time!! I'm still working on Ian, I love to camp and he's not so keen on it....I've gotten him to say maybe for next year so we'll see! :O)
Post a Comment