On the school front. We never got our usual Fall/apple lapbook done or our Thanksgiving one. We just seem to be running out of time. The kids are getting all their subjects done, so I am pleased. I am determined to get our Christmas lapbook done. We may be finishing up in the New Year. hahaha Carter is getting better at reading. Kiley is beginning to work independently more. We will be taking a day off here and there around Christmas. I usually just plan to do school if we are going to be home. If friends on their break call to get together or I make plans with them, we drop the books and visit. This system always seems to work good for us.
We have already started our Christmas celebrations. We had my Dad's family over this past weekend. The kids always get so excited to have people over. We are so thankful they are all willing to take the long drive out to the country to see us. One of the gifts my kids got were giant blow-up boxing gloves. They had a blast hitting each other and we dodged their swings and laughed.
My brother has 7 kids and I have 6. Here are the girls.
The boys never did sit and all look at the camera. I like to call these "life" pictures. They all have so much fun playing together.
I really did try...I have a few more of pretty much the same picture just a different boy not looking. hahahaa
We also had our annual Christmas home school party. It's so much fun the for the kids and we moms love to talk and visit. We all bring a dish and various supplies that are needed. The kids all brought a $2 gift and exchanged them.
I didn't remember to take pictures during our craft or lunch, but you get the idea. LOTS of kids and FUN!
We also had a good time decorating for Christmas.
The many ornaments.
Merry Christmas
~Michelle
No comments:
Post a Comment