Last Thursday night Brayden started to cough. I was annoyed, since he had just gotten over a cough. By Saturday he was doing really bad. He had a fever and his cough was getting way worse. I sadly have lots of experience in bad coughs and asthma type behavior. I thought he sounded croupy and didn't hear wheezing, so I thought we might be ok. Saturday night he was really bad and I considered the ER, but thought I could handle it. I ended up with maybe 4 hours of sleep Saturday night. It was chopped up into so many pieces, I am not really sure :( On Sunday he proceeded to get worse and after a call to the dr and a couple things I knew to do at home didn't work. We were off to the ER. There he was tested for various things and given a steroid shot to help his breathing. After being there nearly 4 hours we were able to head home.
Monday morning we were up and out the door to go see the pediatrician. I love her and the staff. Most of them are Christians and they even play Christian music there. They are kind of far from my house, but then again so is everywhere I go : / She diagnosed him with RSV. She sent me home with a plan to keep him out of the hospital. It included some of these things...
This is my nebulizer, it's old from when Bailey had RSV. Someone decided to color it at some point and it used to have a little door. oh well :)
And this little thing is amazing! It is a small compressor that has tubing for cleaning out his nose. Anyone who ever tried to use those little blue bulb syringes knows that those don't work.
He was sleeping in his car seat and was due for another breathing treatment. This worked much better then him wiggling around and pushing the mask away.
He is doing better today, but still has a bad cough. I am sure he will be glad when he is done with breathing treatment, boogie torture, and the nasty steroid medicine.
I am once again so thankful for Dr's and the wisdom God gives them to help my babies.
:>Michelle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment