~ As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

School News

I am hoping this post will look right. I am not sure what I did to mess up the background on the last one.  I tried to fix it a few times and only made things worse.  Anyways, back to the point of this post :>
  School has been going really good.  I feel like we are getting lots done and having fun too.  We did a small lapbook on a bird of our choice.  Well actually I chose, the Cardinal. I knew I could find lots about it and they are at our house everyday.  The kids L-O-V-E to lapbook.  We will be starting our Easter one next week.  I will need to get all my resources out and search for more :o  As the bigger kids get older I need more challenging work and then still need stuff for the littles to be able to participate.   I am planning on Carter doing this one.  I base it on the Resurrection Eggs theme with my own things too.  I will take some pictures when we are done.  I will also post what we do during our school day to prepare our hearts for the Easter season in future posts. 
  Here are the pictures of our Cardinal Lapbook.
This is the front cover

 Each of the flaps give various information about Cardinals.  We also read "Are you My Mother."  I think it is one of my favorite kids books.  The kids loved it too.  

  Here are some of the books we use...

  New this second half of the year are these books from CLE. We love them and Bailey is enjoying the feeling of completing the packets.  She also has Saxon Math and lapbooking.
 
Here is Cameron's math book.  It is getting tattered and worn as he is more than half way through it.  Collin and him also learn spelling words, CLE Science, and Rod and Staff reading.  They also work on lapbooks a couple day a week.
Everyone loves a turn at snuggling with Brayden.  Collin is a great big brother.
 
And these two are so silly and have the coolest relationship.  There is something about being twins that bonds them in such a unique way.  They are also wearing matching shirts here :>  I couldn't believe it. They haven't matched in a long time.

:>Michelle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun !

Mom

Anonymous said...

How fun !!!!!!!!

Mom