~ As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ~

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Moving On...

  I had a wonderful Christmas and love to see my kids face light up when they open their present.  I love how the "real" Christmas songs tell of our Savior and His majesty. I love reading the Bible passages over and over again, and I love family.  I love how good it makes me feel to have people or in this year's case a person over to celebrate (thanks cousin);) The kids and I decorate and bake too.  But the moment always comes and must come when I say, "let's move on".  I want the decorations I have hung and set with joy and pride g-o-n-e!  I will want them back next year and love seeing them again next November, but at this point less is more.  I am waiting for the tree to be taken to the curb and will have the boys carry our treasures to the basement.  
  Here we are at Christmas:
My boys love Legos and matching jammies
He was so excited to get the characters of his favorite show.
Kiley and her first AG doll
One of Bailey's favorite gifts


    Another thing that takes place about this time a year is that we get back to our regular scheduled programming with school.  I am hoping to add a lapbook to our schedule before we start our Easter unit study.  I also review our schedule and readjust some goals.  I am so far pleased with our progress, but always like to see what needs to be added or taken away or just put on hold for now.  
  Next week I plan on sitting down with the kids and brainstorming our year.  I want the kids and I to compile a list of things we did in 2010.  So often the time just flies on by and we forget the little things.  I also get a kick out of what they remember and what they really enjoyed.  

:>Michelle
 

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Hey there!! Long time no talk!

You know what? My Sofia, who is going to be 5, is a fashion girl too, and I spied boots exactly like Kiley's for her too at a local Goodwill!!! They were only $3 and I bought them and boxed them up and wrapped them for Christmas for her! She loves them as much as Kiley loves hers.

I find myself wanting Christmas to linger and noticing that the "spirit" just does not linger at all. Once it's the day after Christmas, that spirit is just gone. I think I want it to linger so I can try to get more in the "mood".....

Anyway, we're on break from school for a few more days. This year we took a break for Christmas week, which we've never done before, and I just decided, with all the extenuating circumstances right now, that I'd extend the break another week. So, we'll start up again in a few days.

I hope your new year is fresh and wonderful and that God shows you new things about Him and that you fall more in love with Him every day!

Kate said...

I love your idea of a list of things for the past year!

Duckygirl said...

I love all the pictures! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas...Hopefully we'll be able to get together soon, we miss you guys! :)

~Laura